Please note that there is leadership workshop this thursday, 1st of april. Have your lunch and gather at 3pm, at sec 3 wisdom. The workshop will end at 6pm and attire is school uniform. thank you
Overall in charge 2010
Lee Zhen Zhen
Here's one of my favourite quotes-
Day 2: PE Shirt with slacks
Day 3: PE Shirt with slacks
GROUP IDENTITY- STICK-ON VELCRO
A stick on velcro looks like this. It is different from normal velcro. It's those that when you peel it off, there is a gluey side that can directly paste on your shirt without sewing and the other side to attach the other side of the velcro. Those who went to STC last year will know what it looks like.
Remember, get the stick-on velcro that do not need you to sew it onto your shirt. When people drops their velcro, there is no way we can sew during camp!!
Please get an updation from your Grp ICs or other campers about what was dicussed or told during pre-camp. Thanks!
Camp Orderly Sergeant
Jemie Then Lu Yi
Day 3- PE Shirt with slacks
Food menu proposal includes GROUP MENU please CAMPERS LUNCH DAY 2 Staple dish & dessert ideas.
Example of menu proposal will be sent to IC's emails.
- Breakfast Day 2
- Breakfast Day 3
- Lunch Day 1
- Lunch Day 2
Staple Dish & Dessert prepared by Campers. Each grp to prepare 1 dish to go with staple dish.
Meal should consist of at least 1 meat dish & 1 vegetable dish
- Dinner Day 1
- 'Care & Share'Dinner Day 2
Grp A cooks for Grp B, Grp B for Grp C, Grp C for Grp A
A staple, a meat, a vegetable, one more dish, dessert
Try out different cooking methods, no restrictions
Take note of allergies (Below)
* All meals to include beverages (Juice/ Salt-replenishing drinks)
A good & useful BWM website:
2. GROUP ID.
All IDs need to be standardised between campers. But each group will have their own colour/ design. Needs to have NAME and to be stuck into our shirts. Please give ideas. Especially Sec 3s who went for JTC, how did you guys do the name & group identity? For our STC, we used velcro but if yours is better, we'll use that.
Tell ICS/COS your ides. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO VOICE OUT! Feel very very comfortable with each other :D
3. FOR GRP B: Find out the FOOD ALLERGIES
of Jolene, Boyu, Jeraldine, Lucia. Inform IC (Haowen) + COS (Jemie) ASAP. Anybody can do this, please take initiative and let us know you are asking.
3. MEDICAL HISTORY + PHOTOCOPY OF IC/STUDENT PASS!
ICs, please get team members to photocopy IC/Student pass (Original Size) and write medical history behind. Then scotch tape it to make it waterproof. before camp starts. This is a MUST HAVE for camp. To be put into Safety Kit. To include-
LAST TIME OCCURED
4. CAMP FEE $14.
Prepare exact money and hand it to your ICs early. ICs to pass all money to Jemie before camp starts. Those who are only coming for 1 day, no need to pay.
5. GROUP ITEMS
2 balls of twine, Toilet Paper, Newspapre, Garbage Bags, Matches/Lighters, Insect Repellent, Detergent, Sponge (Once you have any items, quickly inform your ICs, please don't wait till asked)
3. FOOD ALLERGIES / RESTRICTIONS
If you are interested, Website: http://www.spf.gov.sg/sites/k9/k9.htm
Please hydrate yourselves and have a good lunch before coming down for activity. Report outside the NP room at 1545 sharp. Please remember to revise your drills, especially Dalam buka/ tutup barisan kekanan lurus. Thank you.
Sec 1 Ncos 2010
Soh Si Min
Labels: Activity Outline
Dear Field Cooking Competition Team members,
Details of competition below. Please feel free to approach any of your seniors for help and advice! Wishing you all the very best!
FTPSS Area 3 Games Day (Field Cooking Competition)
Date: 26 March 2010 (Friday)
Time: 2.30pm – 6.30pm
Venue: First Toa Payoh Secondary School
Attire: Pt Kit
Team Members (Sec 2 Squad):
2. Yi Teng
5. Siew Kei (Reserve)
6. Shuna (Reserve)
1. Each team is required to come out with
1 Ala Carte,1 Main Dish and 1 Dessert.
2. Not allowed to use additional ingredients not stated in the ingredient list. Teams are to surrender prohibited items not stated in the list, (e.g. lighters, kitchen knives). Teams found using prohibited items during the competition will be disqualified.
The following items will be provided:
4 mess tins
8 solid fuels
2 box of Matchsticks
2 1.5l water
4 Pair Of Gloves
Additional items that can be brought in by the team:
Fork & spoon(s)
Serving bowls (Serving of food is up to each representative of the team’s creativity and imagination)
3. The time limit for cooking is 50 minutes including final preparations for the judges.
4. The competition will be judged upon 80 marks: ·
Creativity 20 points
Presentation 15 points
Nutrition / Value 15 points
Taste, Textures, Appearances 10 points
Hygiene 10 points
Team Spirit 10 points
On the day itself:
1. Only participants will be allowed into the cooking area at all times.
2. Teams are to follow all instructions given by the marshals during the entire competition. Failure to adhere to instructions will result in the team being disqualified.
3. All participants must observe good hygiene practices. Fingernails should be cut short and girls with long hair or long fringe should have it tied or clipped.
Field Instructor 2010
Jemie Then Lu Yi