FTPSS Area 3 Games Day (Field Cooking Competition)$BlogItemTitle$>
Dear Field Cooking Competition Team members,
Details of competition below. Please feel free to approach any of your seniors for help and advice! Wishing you all the very best!
FTPSS Area 3 Games Day (Field Cooking Competition)
Date: 26 March 2010 (Friday)
Time: 2.30pm – 6.30pm
Venue: First Toa Payoh Secondary School
Attire: Pt Kit
Team Members (Sec 2 Squad):
2. Yi Teng
5. Siew Kei (Reserve)
6. Shuna (Reserve)
1. Each team is required to come out with
1 Ala Carte,1 Main Dish and 1 Dessert.
2. Not allowed to use additional ingredients not stated in the ingredient list. Teams are to surrender prohibited items not stated in the list, (e.g. lighters, kitchen knives). Teams found using prohibited items during the competition will be disqualified.
The following items will be provided:
4 mess tins
8 solid fuels
2 box of Matchsticks
2 1.5l water
4 Pair Of Gloves
Additional items that can be brought in by the team:
Fork & spoon(s)
Serving bowls (Serving of food is up to each representative of the team’s creativity and imagination)
3. The time limit for cooking is 50 minutes including final preparations for the judges.
4. The competition will be judged upon 80 marks: ·
Creativity 20 points
Presentation 15 points
Nutrition / Value 15 points
Taste, Textures, Appearances 10 points
Hygiene 10 points
Team Spirit 10 points
On the day itself:
1. Only participants will be allowed into the cooking area at all times.
2. Teams are to follow all instructions given by the marshals during the entire competition. Failure to adhere to instructions will result in the team being disqualified.
3. All participants must observe good hygiene practices. Fingernails should be cut short and girls with long hair or long fringe should have it tied or clipped.
Field Instructor 2010
Jemie Then Lu Yi